This dude literally does EVERYTHING! Slowly but surely, Ryan Seacrest is taking over television, if he hasn't done so already. If I could predict the next media mogul who will eventually start their own network in the vein of Oprah, I would probably have to go with Seacrest. Here's a list of everything he does for each network.
- "Today" correspondent
- NBC News Special correspondent
- Olympics anchor and reporter
- host/executive producer of "The Million Dollar Quiz"
- host and executive producer of "Dick Clark's Rockin New Years' Eve"
- co-owner of AXS TV together with CBS (Mark Cuban, CAA, AEG as well). The network serves to be a content provider for everything happening live from concerts to other special events. Seacrest and CBS haven't played much of an active role in the network in terms of producing programming or making decisions but they are both parties of ownership for the network. CBS will utilize AXS TV next year to promote and provide access for the Grammy's and the Tony's.
- host of "American Idol"
- host of I Heart Radio music specials which air on the network
- key player with Clear Channel/I Heart Radio's music concerts/specials
- host of nationally syndicated "On Air With Ryan Seacrest" radio show
- host of morning drive radio show on 102.7 KIIS FM
- partner in TV production company (C.C. owns a minority stake)
- producer of a new show titled "Second Chances", which tells stories about inspirational women seeking to fight adversity. The show is produced together with Gwenyth Paltrow
- partners with the biggest multi-channel network on YouTube known as "FullScreen" to create new entertainment shows/channels for YouTube audiences as well as give his production company's shows a home on YouTube (i.e. starting a YouTube channel for a new show which he produces which has behind the scenes clips/previews/teasers etc.)
- his own YouTube channel featuring interviews from his radio show, covers from independent artists and previews of his production company's shows including the Kardashian franchise.
- managing editor of E! News
- host of Red Carpet pre-shows for various awards shows
The man is crazy for all the things he's doing. Let's not forget that he is also invested in Pinterest and is a partner in that social network. I definitely forsee Seacrest either buying out AXS TV or starting his own music and entertainment channel together with NBC which can co-exist with E! or NBC giving Seacrest an ownership share of E!
I also believe he's going to lead his production company into becoming the new leader in live programming, rivaling other companies to produce live awards show, special events and concert franchises which he hosts, produces and owns. He may also eventually get a bunch of radio affiliates and satellite/online radio to join a Ryan Seacrest Network which features a roster of people that he's trying to bring out in the industry (similar to what O did with Oz, Phil, Gayle etc.). This helps him gain influence on the top 2 key mediums of media worldwide.